Each one of us has good days and bad days. We go in cycles of ups and downs. Some last a week or two. Others just hours or a day, or two. I can tell when they're having a rough time and I'm sure they can tell my rough bouts, too. I wonder how long this will last?
I took Friday off work because I was in the middle of a nervous breakdown. I needed a mental health day. I thought I was going to have a cry fest at work on Thursday. So, I shut down mentally and did whatever all weekend. Now it's Monday and I'm paying for it. Back comes the stress.
Just a few random thoughts from this weekend:
- I miss him terribly.
- I really need him here with me.
- We always shared all the work, now I'm struggling to get it all done by myself.
- Brad's graduating in 3 weeks. I have to walk him down the aisle alone.
- Does everyone think I'm ok because I laugh and smile sometimes?
- Do the employees at the vet's office remember him?
- Kevin would've loved to see Brad run a 5:18 mile!
- Kristie's having car troubles...
- Kellie's having car troubles...
- I was never cold at night, before.
- Why didn't I take more pictures?
- He isn't standing at the finish line waiting for me.
Nine years ago.
Copyright 2010 by Jennifer M. Karn